Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing calendar items creates duplicates, doesn't save changes

Here's an interesting twist I couldn't find anywhere else in the forums... And for the record, I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0 and a brand new MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.2

When I edit a calendar item on my iphone (for example to change the time of the item by either dragging it or opening the item and changing the start/end times), The item duplicates itself without saving the changes I just made. The duplicates show up on my Macbook Pro as well.

If, on the other hand, I edit the calendar item on my MBP, it works perfectly.

I should also mention that it seems to happen exclusively with repeating events.

This is, of course, really annoying, particularly since I need to make schedule adjustments on the road on a daily basis.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 11:09 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2012 2:04 PM in response to pedwar

Any help out there?

Additional symptoms: When I change an event on my iphone, it appears as changed for a few seconds, then snaps back to the original time before the change.

If I delete an event, it disappears for a few seconds, then reappears again.

Changes in iCal work just fine and sync properly to my phone.

This is frustrating... I can't edit any events on the road!

Editing calendar items creates duplicates, doesn't save changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.