Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match not displaying all Artists

Ok, so I've read numerous posts online about artists not showing up under the "Artists" selection in iTunes Match on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6) - oddly, it's the artists I most frequently listen to. Most people seem to have a fix by going in to the song in the iTunes library and ensuring that both Artist and Album Artist fields are populated...no dice. I've turned off / on iTunes Match on iPhone, within iTunes library as others have described...no dice. I've actually tried re-uploading my entire library to the cloud and re-syncing (these artists show up as uploaded to the cloud on my iTunes library)...no dice. HELP!! I've had iTunes Match for a week and think I may have to cancel if this doesn't get fixed. I'm at 6,900 songs total.

iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes Match Problem

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 3:22 AM

7 replies

Jan 8, 2013 1:23 PM in response to kevincredible

I have successfully fixed the issue through following the steps on this site:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-01/12/how-to-reset-itunes-match?page=al l

Essentially, you'll have to "reset" all of your iTunes Match data but I was willing to and it actually went really smoothly. Finally have all my artists, albums, etc. listed on all my iOS devices as they should be. My thoughts are that somewhere, iTunes Match data became corrupted, either for a song, artist, album that caused the strange behaviors!

Mar 28, 2013 6:22 PM in response to dtain22

I think it has to do with when you "dragged" it from iTunes, did it go straight into a playlist or just the iPhone/iPod itself?

So I had an artist that wasn't showing up too. I found out later that it was a "compilation". Changing it on my iPhone didn't give me the results I wanted. I had to delete the songs on my iPhone, check the settings from iTunes before re-dragging/uploading it back on to my iPhone (and NOT to a playlist). I know this may or may not make sense. But you can give it a try. It worked for me.

iTunes match not displaying all Artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.