Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help-Trying to transfer library from PC to Ipod then to new Ibook G4

I hope someone can offer a suggestion. I downloaded from "somewhere??" an outline of how to use the Nano as a hard drive - to copy the itunes folder over to it and also gave instructions for hen attaching to the new computer and moving the itunes folder over with all my music.

Made a couple of attempts till I seemed to get that part right but on my new mac when I open itunes none of the songs are in the library. When I check where the library supposedly retrieves its info from everything looks okay. I can open the itunes folder in My Music and the songs all appear to be there but for some unknown reason aren't showing up in itunes.

I was lucky I did not turn automatic updating back on so I still also have the songs in my ipod - as well they still also seem to be appearing in itunes on my PC.

Could this problem have anything to do with trying to transfer from a PC to a MAC??

Please help!

ibook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Apr 12, 2006 9:13 AM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2006 1:53 AM in response to Ralph Smith

"I've read that the iPod will work for PCs -OR- for Macs, but you have to reset it to switch back and forth"

Not strictly true. Any Windows formatted drive can be read and written to by a Mac without the need to reformat, but not vice versa. And anyway, the OP doesn't want to use the iPod between Windows and Mac, he has transferred his music onto the iBook and now wants to populate the library with it.

Two people have posted ways to do this already.

Help-Trying to transfer library from PC to Ipod then to new Ibook G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.