Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My OWN personal contact picture/icon appears blank/white in Contacts/Mail!

My own personal contact picture/icon appears blank/white in Contacts/Mail!

This is very frustrating since I work very hard to keep up my contacts all up to date. Everyone seems to work fine, except for my own picture! Why???

I took various advice such as:

Try deleting the photo on each of your devices, once you are sure your photo is not attached to your card on any of your devices, re-add it on your Mac.

You might also check, if you have a user account on more than one Mac, that the picture used in system preferences >users & groups do not contradict each other.

Alas, nothing works. I chose my new picture in "System Preferences" but it appears blank in Contacts and in Mail. I kept my icon picture in my iPhone 4 clear and nothing yet has appeared their either.

I think that the most frustrating part about all of this is that the minute I try to Edit my own picture in Contacts, I add the same picture that in my System Preferences (Users & Groups) and as soon as I press "done", the picture dissapears and becomes blank/white again. To add insult to injury, if I go back to edit my picture in Contacts and choose "recent", there's a blank (white) icon that appears as the latest utilised picture. I'm not 100% sure what that white image is, but I'm sure it has to do with iCloud somehow.

Please help me, I would actually love to have an icon picture (Like all my other contacts!)

Le Nerd Canadien.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iLife 11

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 3:04 AM

There are no replies.

My OWN personal contact picture/icon appears blank/white in Contacts/Mail!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.