Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes - Bulleted Lists, Dashed Lists

I've noticed something new in the Notes app in Mountain Lion, that didn't used to happen when Notes were in Mail in Lion.

If you start a new line, type either a "•" or a "-" and then hit the space bar, the line gets indented and converted into a proper Bulleted List, or Dashed List. While this is fine within the Notes app on Mountain Lion, it's not so great on the iPhone, because the iOS 6 Notes app doesn't allow you to make/edit Bulleted Lists or Dashed Lists.

So, my question is, is there any way to stop Notes in Mountain Lion from automatically creating Bulleted List and Dashed Lists?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010) 12GB RAM

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:45 AM

I realize this is quite a bit after the fact but I ran into this thread searching in vain for the same answer & felt compelled to share for those in a similar scenario.

Use: "opt+space" after entering the dash

this will buypass the autotext feature.

Yet another one of those embarasingly easy & ever so obvious-after-the-fact solutions 😉

Overall I am a fan of Apple simplicity however it can become frustrating when there's no off switch for the auto pilot....

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2013 12:45 AM in response to Reuben Feffer

I realize this is quite a bit after the fact but I ran into this thread searching in vain for the same answer & felt compelled to share for those in a similar scenario.

Use: "opt+space" after entering the dash

this will buypass the autotext feature.

Yet another one of those embarasingly easy & ever so obvious-after-the-fact solutions 😉

Overall I am a fan of Apple simplicity however it can become frustrating when there's no off switch for the auto pilot....

Notes - Bulleted Lists, Dashed Lists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.