Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.8 wikiserver & QTKitServer: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Hi Fellows,

Since a couple of days I can't upload images and pdf's to my wiki anymore. What happens is that the image or pdf gets uploaded once and processed 3 or 4 times (I can find them in the corresponding /Library/Collaboration/ folder). But the image or pdf does not show up in the wikipage and throws up a server error message instead: There was an error uploading the file. Please try again.

Stop/Start the wikid proces solves the problem shortly until after a couple of hours the problems start occuring again.

On the server side I see this:

Oct 10 08:08:37 myserver com.apple.wikid[41152]: Wed Oct 10 08:08:37 myserver.x.net QTKitServer[45631] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Oct 10 08:08:37 myserver /System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework/Resources/QTKitServer[45631]: _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

Oct 10 08:08:37 myserver com.apple.wikid[41152]: _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

My questions:

1. How can I catch errors / set breakpoint

2. How can I make sure the QTKitserver can 'talk' to the windowserver

Colocated productionserver with DNS, Firewall, iCal, Mail, MySQL, OD, Push Notification & Web + wikis

Thanks in advance!

the cat-tamer

Mac mini Server (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 6:51 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2012 2:04 PM in response to cat-tamer

Ok, here is the culprit, not a solution sofar 😟

Safari 6 is breaking the upload mechanism of the Snow Leopard wiki server. They all end up in loops and gracefully fail and die after around 5 attempts.

Gecko, Trident and Presto as well as Webkit based Chrome have no problem at all with uploading, just Apple's own Safari.

Bug will be filed and will investigate more server side.

10.6.8 wikiserver & QTKitServer: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.