Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New battery question

My new iPhone 5 had terrible battery performance. Terrible. Not even close to the performance guaranteed by Apple when the phone was introduced. And much worse than my iPhone 4. I finally took it in to the Apple store, they ran a test, and said the battery was defective. They gave me a new phone on the spot. I was really impressed.

Problem is, that phone performs exactly the same. I read the other postings on this site, and saw that they reccomended setting it up as a new phone, not updating from the previous. I did that.

This is really bad folks. Every time I use the phone for anything, I see the battery drop. Text message? It drops 1 percent. Phone call? One percent. Siri inquiry? Bloop...one percent. I can literally watch as the battery drops before my eyes.

Streaming video from netflix: It was a 20 minute episode of "The Office". Dropped the battery by 11%. No way you could watch a real movie on this phone.

I have yet to do ANYTHING on my iPhone 5, where I didn't see the battery drop. Read an email? battery drops.

Does Apple read these? This really needs to be fixed. I have had iPhones since day one of the first one. This is far and away the worst. And I will absolutely return this phone if they can't assure me that it can be fixed. REALLY disappointed.

I am an Apple lifer. I have never owned a Windows computer. But I am SHOCKED at this.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 8:56 AM

2 replies

New battery question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.