Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does yahoo appear as the sender name when I send emails from my iPad?

When I send emails from my Yahoo account using my iPad, the sender name shows up as Yahoo. This doesn't happen when I use my iPhone, but it appears that I have the settings the same on both devices. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? (If I sign into my Yahoo account through Safari, the sender name is correct. it's only when I use the email icon that the problem occurs)

iPad

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 2:21 PM

Settings, Mail.... And change the default name account.

3 replies

Oct 10, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Windjax

Thanks - I tried that originally. Everything seems fine on Yahoo. When I send emails either from my PC or my iPhone, my name shows up as the sender. However, when I send the same email from my iPad, the sender name shows up as Yahoo. Therefore, it seems like it is some setting in the iPad that is causing the problem. The problem also doesn't occur if I sign into my Yahoo account on the Yahoo website using my iPad. it's only when I use the email icon on the iPad. I have compared my settings on my iPhone and iPad and they appear to be the same.

Why does yahoo appear as the sender name when I send emails from my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.