Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using MacKeeper on iMac MId July 2011

I recently downloaded and bought MacKeeper to run on my iMac to see if the ulities gave any performance gains. Unfortunately since installing MacKeeper I expereinced 3 lock up and crashes over two days so I have now uninstalled the software and reverted back to the usual utilies downloaded from the app store. My Mac is now back to iys usual trusty level of stability.

After all the good reviews I have seen of MacKeeper I was really surprised to have such a bad experience with this software which took me back to the bad old days of running a PC and windows at home.

I wonder has anyone else experienced difficulties with the package or have I just completely misconfigured the options?

Rich..

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), mid 2011, i5 with 12Gb Ram

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:48 PM

7 replies

Oct 10, 2012 2:37 PM in response to Richb1910

I have now read the posts on the forum about MacKeeper and i wish I had before I installed.

I have just had to remove all files from my TM and start again from scratch as this just hung the whole machine when I opened TM.

It really is disgracefull that anyone should be allowed to advertise this product so prominently on established web sites.

Thanks for the posts and i will write of the £33 I paid for this virus.

Oct 12, 2012 1:03 AM in response to Richb1910

Strange, there must be thousands of users not having issues with this or maybe not realising it may have a detrimental effect. Having gone thru' some problems myself with this software, (or at least believe I have), what is surprising is that there are some respectable sites giving advertising space to this product. Like MacRumours not that long ago.

Not convinced that the Mac community, particularly those that should know better, should assist in peddling any harmful software once 'outed'.

Using MacKeeper on iMac MId July 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.