Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find my Flash drive on my macbook air?

i dont know how to download document from my macbook air to my flash drive. i have to turn this paper in and i cant do that from my lap top.

MacBook Air, Other OS, idk which version of Mac OS X

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:34 PM

You probably don't have your computer set to show drives on the desktop. Close all your programs and then click on the Finder menu. Select Preferences and then click on the General tab. Make sure there's a checkmark showing next to 'External Drives'. Now your flash drive should appear on the desktop. From there just find your file in your folder and drag it to the flash drive's icon on the desktop.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2012 12:34 PM in response to ashrose721

You probably don't have your computer set to show drives on the desktop. Close all your programs and then click on the Finder menu. Select Preferences and then click on the General tab. Make sure there's a checkmark showing next to 'External Drives'. Now your flash drive should appear on the desktop. From there just find your file in your folder and drag it to the flash drive's icon on the desktop.

Oct 10, 2012 12:35 PM in response to ashrose721

When you plug in the flash drive you will see it's icon on the Desktop. Drag your document from the computer to the flash drive's Desktop icon.

If you cannot see disk icons on the Desktop, then open Finder preferences (select Preferences from the Finder menu of an open Finder window. Click on the General icon in the toolbar. Check all the top four boxes.

how do i find my Flash drive on my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.