9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 2:43 PM by Janopus2
Janopus2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What does the following mean?

The server responded with

“400”

to operation CalDAVUpdateShareesQueuableOperation

And what use are such inscrutabe messages; I already know something is wrong.

-j

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Janopus2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

To any hapless person who comes this way:

I fixed the problem, i.e. I made the problem go away for the moment.

I had deleted a google caldav from my calender list since I was in any case not enabled.

I previously had confusing things happen with multiple caldav's (whatever they are)

I restored the google calendar and left it disabled.

The offending message went away.

Perhaps there were common events on both calendars, but it is not obvious why I cannot delete one without effecting the other.

Nevertheless, the "server responded with '400' .... " message is totally useless to the me, the user, and did not help me resolve the problem.

If there is a conflict, the problem is not solved; I've just returned to the previous ambious state.

• Guido79 Level 1 Level 1 (80 points)

error-400.png

Had this same issue with a calendar in iCloud running Mountain Lion 10.8.2.  Just deleted the calendar account in iCal and re-added it in my iCloud System Preference.  Calendar reset and no more error message.

• jl108 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Guido79, could you please post instructions on how to delete the calendar account in iCal and re-add it in the iCloud system preferences? Thank you.

Guido79, could you please post instructions on how to delete the calendar account in iCal and re-add it in the iCloud system preferences? Thank you.

Sure.  Here's how to do it:

- Open Preferences from the Calendar menu in iCal.

- Click on Accounts pane next to General.

- Select the CalDAVcalendar that is not working properly (in my case it was called "iCloud") and delete it by clicking on the minus button. 

- After you delete the account, you can either re-add it from within iCal by clicking the plus button in Accounts or you can add the calendar by going to System Preferences-> Mail, Contacts & Calendars and selecting the appropriate account that has your calendar.  Check the checkbox next to "Calendars & Reminders".

- This should re-add your calendar and it should now refresh without the previous error message.

Hope this helps!  Guido79

• jl108 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you very much Guido79! I have had a problem with certain calendars updating since I upgraded to Mountain Lion and this fixed them all!  I can't begin to tell you just how much I appreciate your help.  Thanks again!

• 1woodfoot Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This helped me out as well. I rencently purchased an iPhone and decided to use iCloud and in doing so, some how messed iCal.  I was receiving the same dialog message. Thank you very much Guido79!

How do I remove the "this fixed my problem" from my reponse and put it on guido79's response.   Seems to have helped some people.  -j

How do I remove the "this fixed my problem" from my response

I believe you should be able to.  Found this post from another Discussion topic:

"Once you have marked a question as "answered" (not "Solved", which refers to the green star atached to a post, instead of the whole topic), you can decide to mark it as "not answered" again (you have to provide a quick explanation though). I think you can also remove a "Solved" star, although you may need to mark the question as not answered beforehand."

Cheers!   Guido79

?