Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I am viewing the latest message in a conversation in Mail in the preview and want to reply, I hit reply and it does not include the latest message? I have to double click the latest message to open it and then reply. Am I missing a setting to fix ?

When I am viewing the latest message in a conversation in Mail in the preview and want to reply, I hit reply and it does not include the latest message? I have to double click the latest message to open it and then reply. I find this irritating and would like to skip this step and be able to reply from preview and include that message. Am I missing a setting to fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 2:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2012 10:31 AM in response to lalal14b

I have found that if you have highlighted some text in the message and then hit reply, the highlighted section is the only bit included in the reply. You need to click on the message in the middle list rather than the preview pain on the righthand side and it should reply normally. To check it's doing this, select a message in the middle section of the screnn then use the down arrow to drop to the next message. Hit reply, and it should reply normally. I hope this helps.

When I am viewing the latest message in a conversation in Mail in the preview and want to reply, I hit reply and it does not include the latest message? I have to double click the latest message to open it and then reply. Am I missing a setting to fix ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.