Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture stuck relocating a master (original) file that is not there.

While relocating original files, Aperture stops on a certain file or two that it thinks is there. When I search for the exact file, it does not exist. The issue is on files that are usually named with a number at the end for duplicates or copies like DSC_1234 (2).NEF. I have had corrupted cameras, memory cards, bad memory card readers and new MacBook Air issues so I will admit my Aperture library is probably not incredibly stable. I have rebuilt it using the Command-Option dialog and this issue still persists. After this I will be exporting projects out of this library and start a new but was wondering if any one had any solutions in the mean time?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Aperture 3.4.1

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 4:37 PM

Logging out worked!

I tried quitting, pressing escape, and tried force quitting by holding the shortcut Command-Option-Shift-Escape button for 10+ seconds and nothing worked. Instead of force quitting I tried logging out and a second window came up saying it was "Updating for sharing previews" then it quit and logged out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2012 4:37 PM in response to Vince Wilcox

Logging out worked!

I tried quitting, pressing escape, and tried force quitting by holding the shortcut Command-Option-Shift-Escape button for 10+ seconds and nothing worked. Instead of force quitting I tried logging out and a second window came up saying it was "Updating for sharing previews" then it quit and logged out.

Aperture stuck relocating a master (original) file that is not there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.