Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At part two I'm havin trouble. My snow leopard disk is in but, it wants to reinstall ML instead. I start it up and hold down the option key then it's like do you want to run the computer using the snow leopard disk 10.6 or whatever. I click yes and after

At part two I'm havin trouble. My snow leopard disk is in but, it wants to reinstall ML instead. I start it up and hold down the option key then it's like do you want to run the computer using the snow leopard disk 10.6 or whatever. I click yes and after that it goes to a white screen with an apple and just sits there.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 5:00 PM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2012 6:57 PM in response to iMacManny

iMacManny wrote:

I have a mid 2010 iMac.

Ok, this model of iMac came with either 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 originally,

so the 10.6.3 white retail disks (image below) won't work in this machine if that's what your using.

User uploaded file

The reason for this your iMac was released and requires hardware drivers not found on the disk above.

So what your going to have to do is call Apple via phone and order your Mid 2010 10.6 machine specific disks (don't mention Lion or Mountain Lion)

When they arrive then review the instructions on these links to restore your iMac to Snow Leopard.

How to revert your Mac to Snow Leopard

and others

How to erase and install Snow Leopard 10.6

Most commonly used backup methods

Drives, partitions, formatting w/Mac's + PC's

https://discussions.apple.com/community/notebooks/macbook_pro?view=documents

At part two I'm havin trouble. My snow leopard disk is in but, it wants to reinstall ML instead. I start it up and hold down the option key then it's like do you want to run the computer using the snow leopard disk 10.6 or whatever. I click yes and after

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.