Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Airport Express that I am trying to use connected by ethernet to my iMac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11. I need to update the Airport software in order to use security option WPA2 Personal. I currently have Airport software v. 5.6.1.

I have an Airport Express that I am trying to use connected by ethernet to my iMac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11. I need to update the Airport Express softwart in order to use security option WPA2 Personal to connect to the internet through my Airport Extreme. I currently have Airport Express software version 5.6.1. How can I update this software? (I can connect directly to my Airport Extreme by ethernet and download the update that way). Is a later version of A E software available for download anywhere? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 9:46 PM

Download and install AirPort Utility 5.4.2 for Mac OS X 10.4.11 "Tiger" here:

AirPort Utility 5.4.2

Once installed, launch AirPort Utility. It will tell you if a firmware upgrade is available for your Express.

2 replies

I have an Airport Express that I am trying to use connected by ethernet to my iMac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11. I need to update the Airport software in order to use security option WPA2 Personal. I currently have Airport software v. 5.6.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.