Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you think this is a fair behavior?!? I think not!!

What do you think about silly argumentation explaining purple flare in iPhone 5 camera?!?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:29 AM

11 replies

Oct 11, 2012 8:14 AM in response to varjak paw

maybe I'm unlucky, but in over 10 years as a smartphone user this is the first time I face an issue like this!! and the device I'm holding in my hand it's supposed to be "the biggest thing to happen to iphone since iphone". You can't say so if some aspects goes worst... don't you think?

and I'm ready to bet that the next iphone (5S?) will be without this issue, and maybe also a further hardware release of iphone 5... because it's not acceptable!

Oct 11, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Filippo-italy

If you don't like your iPhone, return it for a refund.

It is your iPhone. What others think of your iPhone is of no consequence to you or anyone else.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4436

iPhone: Camera image effects

Symptoms

A purplish or other colored flare, haze, or spot is imaged from out-of-scene bright light sources during still image or video capture.

Resolution

Most small cameras, including those in every generation of iPhone, may exhibit some form of flare at the edge of the frame when capturing an image with out-of-scene light sources. This can happen when a light source is positioned at an angle (usually just outside the field of view) so that it causes a reflection off the surfaces inside the camera module and onto the camera sensor. Moving the camera slightly to change the position at which the bright light is entering the lens, or shielding the lens with your hand, should minimize or eliminate the effect.

Summary: Don't shoot into the sun.

Oct 11, 2012 9:09 AM in response to John Galt

I didn't know that I can get a refund, if I can I'll go for it!!

I started this discussion from tha KB, so don't remind me about it, and I'm not shooting in the sun! I just asked to shoot a pic to my son in my living room without worrying about purple haze!

Am I asking too much? after paying 839 euros for a smartphone?

Summary: don't refuse to face up the facts 👿

Oct 11, 2012 10:45 AM in response to Filippo-italy

Filippo-italy wrote:

Summary: don't refuse to face up the facts 👿

What is the point of that idiotic statement?

We're all users like yourself.

There is nothing here that any of use need to face up to.

What you need to accept is that ALL smartphones can have this issue... as they get thinner and thinner it will become more prevelant.

If you're not happy, return it. Only a fool would not realize that it is possible to return a purchase that does not meet your needs or live up to your expectations.

Do you think this is a fair behavior?!? I think not!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.