Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How well does Compressor 4 work with Final Cut 6?

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:56 AM

The short answer is that there is no interoperability between them. Of course, you can certainly export a QT movie from FCP and bring it into C4.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth it for someone already has C3. There is very little that C4 can do that C3 cannot. The major differences are that C4 has certain presets like MPEG 4 h.264 and 1080 Apple TV; it can also create simple Blu Rays and DVDs. Qmaster is integrated, but I'm not sure whether that is a gain.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2012 8:56 AM in response to Matrix421

The short answer is that there is no interoperability between them. Of course, you can certainly export a QT movie from FCP and bring it into C4.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth it for someone already has C3. There is very little that C4 can do that C3 cannot. The major differences are that C4 has certain presets like MPEG 4 h.264 and 1080 Apple TV; it can also create simple Blu Rays and DVDs. Qmaster is integrated, but I'm not sure whether that is a gain.

Russ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.