Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which should I buy, an iPod Touch 5 or an iPad 3?

I'm a college student. I want something that is portable and lightweight to bring to school so I can use apps related to school, play games, listen to music, take down notes, etc. Which should I buy? It's a tough choice knowing that the iPod touch has almost the same features as the iPad but it's a whole lot smaller and lighter. Your answers are appreciated. Please do help. Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 10:09 AM

For all those you listed....Ipad(bigger screen)

Im in college and I use my ipad everywhere. I hardly use my macbook anymore, unless its a project or paper where a computer is more practical.

To me the only use for an Ipod would be to put in your pocket and easier music listening. I have a phone so just an ipod to me is useless.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Ashputtel

For all those you listed....Ipad(bigger screen)

Im in college and I use my ipad everywhere. I hardly use my macbook anymore, unless its a project or paper where a computer is more practical.

To me the only use for an Ipod would be to put in your pocket and easier music listening. I have a phone so just an ipod to me is useless.

Oct 11, 2012 10:56 AM in response to Ashputtel

If you want to take notes ,i mean virtual notes,iPad would be a perfect solution,because i use my iPad for college purpose and now i dont use Books at all,all i use is my iPad.

Some of the best apps for notes would be:

Enlyte Note (it's free)

Penultimate (0.99 $))

iPod touch do have all the features,but when it comes to educational iPad would suite best than an iPod touch.

iHappy to help

Which should I buy, an iPod Touch 5 or an iPad 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.