Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6/Podcasts app audio bug

This also happened in the Developer Previews on my iPhone 4 (I now have a 64GB 5)

Basically, whenever an incoming call is declined, even if the phone is set to MUTE (via toggle switch), after the call is fully declined the Podcast you were listening to last is resumed at the same volume you were listening to it. In my case, full volume since I listen to Podcasts on the way to work in my shirt pocket. A rude awakening in the office, for sure.

Not really a question, but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and maybe bring about awareness.

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Everything is up-to-date

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 9:34 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2012 7:37 PM in response to Steven Richason

i too have this problem.

my current fix to this is to turn-off podcast from running in the background.

to podcast developers -- maybe the app root cause of the problem is that it's always trying to use audio. skype won't work for me if podcast is running in the background, and i would get an error from skype stating "another app is attempting to use audio device" maybe this might help someone?

iOS 6/Podcasts app audio bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.