5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 10:44 PM by debwarr
Aaron Cobb Level 1 (55 points)

This is my first day trying the lightning adapter out with my USA-Spec car kit, and I'm getting weird intermittent interference while driving around.  The music distorts and drops out, and I hear a rhythmic buzz or beep, then a bit of sharp noise, then the music is back.  Sometimes the dropout lasts throughout a stop at a traffic light, and it seems to be absent during freeway driving, leading me to conclude that the adapter is picking up RF noise from roadside equipment.  Anyone else hearing this?  I never got this kind of noise with my iPhone 4 on the car kit.

• rmmac Level 1 (0 points)

That *****.  Adapter on order have a USA-Spec in my Volvo.  Will let you know next week when adapter arrives.

• Aaron Cobb Level 1 (55 points)

It might be the car I'm driving (2003 Honda Civic Hybrid) causing the interference.  I don't get the RF noise so far in my other car (a Prius) using a kit with a line out to aux in connection.  However, I have noticed that the noise sometimes occurs when the car goes into auto-stop mode (when the engine and some other functions shut down to save gas at traffic stops).  After such a stop, the interference goes away when I lift my foot off the brake taking the car out of auto-stop mode.  It still occurs when I'm driving, too, so that obviously isn't the complete answer.

• rmmac Level 1 (0 points)

Got my adapter and tested in my Lexus with a Vias Tech iPod adapter installed.  I have had no trouble and the stearing wheel controls works which I am happy about.  Haven't tested with my USA spec in my Volvo yet.

• steve_rolfeca Level 1 (0 points)

No problems in my Nissan Versa Sport. I have the cable version of the 30-pin adapter, not the dongle.

• debwarr Level 1 (0 points)

I'm not having any probs in my car.. However, I almost threw out my sharper image sound soother that I turn on at night on my nightstand. It kept randomly breaking into a buzzing sound like bad radio frequency noise. When I moved my lightening cable away from it, it stopped. Is this new apple cable safe?