Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning adapter car kit = RF interference?

This is my first day trying the lightning adapter out with my USA-Spec car kit, and I'm getting weird intermittent interference while driving around. The music distorts and drops out, and I hear a rhythmic buzz or beep, then a bit of sharp noise, then the music is back. Sometimes the dropout lasts throughout a stop at a traffic light, and it seems to be absent during freeway driving, leading me to conclude that the adapter is picking up RF noise from roadside equipment. Anyone else hearing this? I never got this kind of noise with my iPhone 4 on the car kit.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 10:04 AM

5 replies

Oct 17, 2012 7:09 AM in response to rmmac

It might be the car I'm driving (2003 Honda Civic Hybrid) causing the interference. I don't get the RF noise so far in my other car (a Prius) using a kit with a line out to aux in connection. However, I have noticed that the noise sometimes occurs when the car goes into auto-stop mode (when the engine and some other functions shut down to save gas at traffic stops). After such a stop, the interference goes away when I lift my foot off the brake taking the car out of auto-stop mode. It still occurs when I'm driving, too, so that obviously isn't the complete answer.

Lightning adapter car kit = RF interference?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.