Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links on iWeb Revert to livepage Apple.

I built a web site using iWeb. Most of this works fine but my link to LinkedIn keeps reverting to Live Pages Apple. I have tried deleting and starting over and a number of other fixes. On line help also suggested deleting files in iWeb directory which I can't seem to get to with Lion 10.7.5. Any help would be appreciated.

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 10:18 AM

14 replies

Oct 11, 2012 11:15 AM in response to anthonyfromlakeville

To get rid of something completely from iWeb, delete it, save, quit iWeb, reboot your Mac and then relaunch iWeb.

The reboot gets rid of the redundant files from the iWebdomain package.

Deleting the prefs is covered here...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/iWeb-Tips.html

... and how to get to the library when using Lion/Mountain Lion here...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/mountain-lion.html

Oct 11, 2012 1:22 PM in response to Roddy

Roddy, I tried what you suggested re. deleting, saving, quitting iWeb, and rebooting, to no avail. Regarding the other links to iwebfor musicians, I could not follow how to do what they were suggesting eg. using Go in Finder or finding my library in Home. Any other thoughts? This is driving me nuts and the Apple help desk couldn't resolve either.

Oct 11, 2012 2:15 PM in response to Roddy

Thanks, again. I was able to find the library but not the files I needed to delete (com.apple.iweb.plist and com.apple.iweb.plist.lockfile)

I also tried what you suggested, highlighting the text, pasting the URL... Still did not work and the link and description on link in inspector, reverts to livepage.apple. Very frustrating, even for a novice like me.

Oct 11, 2012 5:24 PM in response to anthonyfromlakeville

I just noticed that you are using iWeb '08. There are problems with saving and crashing when running under Lion/Mountain Lion.

Nobody seems to have come up with a fix since it is caused by system files and the only solution is to upgrade to iWeb V 3.0.4.

The app is still available on the iLife '09 and '11 disks from Amazon and other sources. Although the disk doesn't say it contains iWeb, both it and iDVD are there. They just weren't upgraded.

Oct 11, 2012 6:41 PM in response to Roddy

Thanks, Roddy. I have upgraded to iWeb 3.04 but still have the same problem. Very frustrating and I am thinking about abandoning iWeb, despite all the work I have put into it. I don't see Apple making any efforts to solve the many problems users have with the product and don't think that they have plans to modify or upgrade. I appreciate all the time and input.

Tony

Nov 25, 2015 1:12 AM in response to JulietAnneWood

O for goodness sakes - why on earth are you replying to a post that is 3 years old?

Roddy has not posted on these boards for several years now.

Also, I'm not sure that you will now be able to get hold of a copy of iWeb 09 - you do know that iWeb has not been a supported product for about 3 to 4 years now?

If you wanted to get iWeb 09, then you will need to look on Amazon for either a boxed set of iLife 09 or iLife 11 if they still exist now - very old and most folks have now moved on to other software that is supported and developed.

Try looking atEverWeb as a good replacement for iWeb.

Lastly, try looking before you post, so that you don't make the mistake of posting a reply to a thread that is 3 years old - it is out of date.

Links on iWeb Revert to livepage Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.