Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to ask for a donation for our school from Apple. How do I do this?

I would like to request a donation for our school from Apple. How do I go about doing this?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 1:25 PM

Apple does not have any formal, documented program whereby they give donations. You can write to Apple's corporate office, but it's unlikely that you'll get any response. You'll be most likely to get donations if you ask of businesses, perhaps an independent Apple dealer, in your community. They'll be more likely to be willing and able to support your school than will a multinational corporation that probably gets thousands of such requests every year.

Regards.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2012 1:25 PM in response to rosschix3

Apple does not have any formal, documented program whereby they give donations. You can write to Apple's corporate office, but it's unlikely that you'll get any response. You'll be most likely to get donations if you ask of businesses, perhaps an independent Apple dealer, in your community. They'll be more likely to be willing and able to support your school than will a multinational corporation that probably gets thousands of such requests every year.

Regards.

Nov 11, 2012 2:32 PM in response to rosschix3

To get donated Apple products, however, there are grants and third party donors who are willing to provide funds for the purchase of Apple products. This is often how many people get "donated Apple equipment."

Also, you can contact third party Apple resellers and ask them for donations.

Further, there are companies who collect used Apple products in order to donate. See an example here: http://www.computerswithcauses.org/donate-iPad-charity.htm

Lastly, Apple has offered special pricing for students and employees of high education institutions. And for K-12 institutions, they also offer special "loyalty pricing" (spend a certain amount in 12 months and receive certain discount). See here: http://www.apple.com/education/how-to-buy/

Nov 23, 2017 9:31 PM in response to Skydiver119

I need assistance. My iphone was taken by bensalem cops when i was detained and they logged my property in with another girl . She then was given my iphone6s,$300 COACH PURSE, A $2000 CASHIERS CHECK, $56 CASH AND ALL MY CREDIT CARDS AND LEFT THE POLICE STATION ONLY TO SAY SHE THREW MY PURSE OUT. I HAVE BEEN UNDER BENSALEM POLICES THUMB SINCE THEN AND I NOW HAVE NO WAY TO GET A NEW IPHONE . PLEASE HELP.

Aug 28, 2015 11:50 PM in response to bispymusic

Thank you for your response, I am not looking for a donation to a school or anything else. All I am hoping is that maybe Apple will sell a computer to us at cost because we truly can not afford to buy one and unfortunately our circumstances are dire. I wish our son's school wasn't Apple centric because of the cost of Apple computers, but it is so I am trying to make the best of a horrible situation.

I will try the e-mail address you listed but again everyone is thinking I am asking for a donation. If asking to buy a computer at cost is a donation then I guess that is what I am asking for. But that is not how I see it, I am just asking for Apple to help by selling an extremely sick cancer patient 1 computer at their cost because his school using only Apple computers and all programs are on Apple software.

Thank you for your help and suggestion,

Beat Cancer

Aug 29, 2015 12:34 AM in response to Beat Cancer

You may consider an official Apple Refurbished Certified Mac from the online Apple Store.

They offer a lower price point than the latest model, yet come with a warranty and qualify

for the option to extend the warranty through purchase of an AppleCare plan.

•Refurbished Mac - Apple Certified - Apple.com:

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

A fair example of a good student computer: (link)

Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Dual-core Intel i5

Various models may be un-represented in the refurbished store page, the contents do

change; items appear and then sell out sometimes quickly. Items like the Mini would

(when available) likely be of a newer model where the user cannot upgrade RAM so like

most bought-new, you'd choose a build model which already has sufficient RAM installed.

Some items do not directly compare to the new counterpart in the main retail online Store;

that is because specifications change over time, and the ones in 'refurb' could be from an

earlier build series of a similar named product.

Good quality used and repaired computers can be an option, however some of those do

not include the original accessories or may require new replacements of time-worn parts.

Items like batteries, in used notebook or portables, would be suspect & need replaced,

as would the hard disk drive in a portable that may have seen much use or abuse. So a

lower initial price on a used but guaranteed computer may become higher once accessory

items and other parts which may be not included, but needed, are added to the bill. Also,

used computers sometimes do not include any system discs; and may have no support.

However companies such as wegenermedia, powerbookmedic, macsales, and others in

various locations across the country (and world, for that matter) can offer an alternative to

new prices; some users do not want to be the first to scratch up a cost new model, but a

used one in otherwise perfect functional state, is less of a risk in case of lost or damage.

Older models offer other benefits, if you are into maintaining your own vintage gear.

An official Apple refurbished model, depending on specification, may be a good choice if

you know what kinds of applications and coursework, and uses the student is expected to

put the unit through in the span of a school year and in between, practical purposed use.

You fairly much have to consider buying the upgrade before you know what that need may

be based on; so it sometimes is easier to get a higher spec model and have it ready for

any newer OS X and application updates that may occur later. OS X is always changing.

Since you posed this question in an old topic thread, I noticed and thought to offer an idea.

Hopefully you can get a fair deal on something w/ good serviceability & best for the student.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Aug 29, 2015 1:26 AM in response to K Shaffer

Yes I realized that after I posted but thank you for letting me know. Also thank you for your advice unfortunately the MacBook Pro you recommended I still can't afford, I truly wish I could. Unfortunately it would come down to paying rent and eating or buying the computer. I do realize that some individuals can't understand how a couple hundred dollars can make a difference but in this case it truly does especially when looking at all the ancillary costs that add up "and we are only one month in so far" in trying to battle this horrible, terrible disease.

Again thank you so much for your help and God Bless,

Beat Cancer

I would like to ask for a donation for our school from Apple. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.