Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my old voice messages from my old iPhone to my new one?

I recently bought an iPhone 5 and previously I had the 3G iPhone, which contains sentimental voice messages of my father and I was wondering how I could have them transferred on my new device.

Would anyone know?

Please help!

Thank you

Kathy

iPhone 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 4:04 PM

8 replies

Oct 11, 2012 10:30 PM in response to Kathy hatzip

I think you're trying to say you would like to keep the date the original voice message was sent, but you think you would lose that by re-recording the voicemail.

Here's my suggestion to keep that original date: When you sync the voice memo to your computer using iTunes, you will find a playlist called "Voice Memos" on the list of playlists at the left side of the iTunes display. All the files you just put in from the Voice Memos app will have file names based on when you recorded them using Voice Memos.

You can change those file names! Just click on the file name in the iTunes playlist and change it to the date (and time and whatever else you like) your father recorded it!

I hope that helps.

Jun 23, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Kathy hatzip

I hope I'm not too late with this reply to help you. I just had the very same situation but they were messages from my husband who recently passed. I upgraded to the 5 but still had my 3G. The messages were on the 3G but were not transferred to the 5. I got absolutely NO HELP from AT&T or Apple.

But . . . I found this info on line, and followed the instructions and was able to save all of my dear husband's voicemails to my pc and now I've emailed them so I can listen to them on my phone as well.

You have to spend a little money but it only took me 1/2 hr at the most and I had all his messages safely back, so it was well worth it.

The info came from TechGeec on YouTube. It was excellent. I purchased DiskAid and FileApp. I didn't have the coupon code because I was much too upset so I paid $29.99. But I was able to retrieve all the Voice Mail and all my videos and photos that also did not restore to the iphone 5. The instructions were really simple, so simple I didn't think it'd work, but it did remarkably.

My heart was broken at the thought of not hearing his voice again. I know your's has to be as well. I really hope this helps you. If you have a moment, let me know if you try it. Wishing you well. All the best, donna

How do I transfer my old voice messages from my old iPhone to my new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.