Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unbeleivable this is not fixed - Blank screens when searching in ITunes.

October 8, 2012 was my first (perhaps last) Apple purchase. Being an Android user and fan, I am surprised that I cannot find a fix to the simple question "When I do a search in Itunes, why does the screen go blank and there are no results"? The App store is the same way. I have tired everything from reboot, closing apps and reboot, log out of Apple, changed time, and a few others. If Apple doesn't care enough to fix things, I will return this pile of junk and get a tablet with Google. I have a brand new Ipad new generation or whatever they call it with IO6. It's the "latest and greatest". No cell plan, WiFI only. Hopefully, someone knows what the problem is. If not, Best Buy is getting this back.

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:33 PM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2012 6:26 AM in response to JimHdk

Instead of posting in an angry rant, I should have taken a moment to put more useful information down. Both searches were working fine, then they slowly diminished to nothing. I am using my home network and have to firewalls or blocks. I searched for tunes and apps with no problems (at my home and at work). Then, without notice, the dreaded white screen of search results death took over. Now I cannot even see my main page in the App store. I have deleted the history, closed all running programs, reboot, hard reboot. I have no problems with any other internet coections on my IPad.

UPDATE: Now cannot see anything on any page in App store or ITunes. How am I supposed to buy apps and songs when the these two pivotal apps do not work? Not doing it on a PC, thats why I have the IPad. Ugh.

Oct 12, 2012 7:02 AM in response to SteveANDTammy37

Although widespread, it is not a universal issue in as much as it doesn't happen to everyone and seems to be somewhat intermitten (at least some symptoms). Also seems to be something on the server, not individual devices. At elast one of the issues presented - concerning hyperlinks not opening on the iTunes app - has been resolved, so i would suspect the remainding issues are in progress.

Oct 12, 2012 6:22 PM in response to SteveANDTammy37

Saw this on another post.

Applecare Senior Advisor Txx Bxxx (I have his contact info in an email he just sent) just confirmed with me that the problem people are having with the App Store not loading is an apple issue with there servers, ITS NOT YOUR IPAD so don't go restoring it! It's not happening to everyone however but they are looking into it, its really hit or miss.

In the meantime ...........

The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-using-t he-itunes-store/

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

Best Fixes for ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ Errors

http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/best-fixes-for-cannot-connect-to-itunes- store-errors/

Try this first - Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

This works for some users. Not sure why.

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time> Set Automatically>Off. Set the date ahead by about a year.Then see if you can connect to the store.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Oct 13, 2012 8:15 AM in response to Texas Mac Man

Hi Tom and thanks. I tried both of those possible solutions and neither worked. In fact, moving the date forward would not let me login to iTunes or the App Store. iTunes simply would not let me log in. The App Store would pop up the message that cant log in, then when I pressed ok it would close the App Store. I set the date back, with auto set off, and those symptoms disappeared, but the original issues still exist.

Oct 15, 2012 10:20 PM in response to SteveANDTammy37

Hi there..I am a Malaysian iPad user and I have been facing the same problem since October 10th. I asked a few of my friends who use iPhones and iPads and they did not face the same problem. Then I tried setting the date forward and back, switching my iPad on and off and whatnot but the problem still persists. Just like you, I can play all my games, access all my other apps and also go online. The problem only lies with the iTunes and App Store. So since in the end just waiting worked out for you, I guess I am going to wait too. But I really hope Apple fixes this problem soon enough. It's hard not being able to download or purchase the stuff that I need.

Unbeleivable this is not fixed - Blank screens when searching in ITunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.