Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help restore back to original settings

So I want to restart my macbook pro early 2011 back to original factory setting i have the snow leopard disk but when i click on it to install it says i cant because i installed Lion on it.

the part i need help in is that i purchased Lion from the app store so I dont have to the disk its self to just restart it from there so I was wondering how am I going to be able to restart my laptop bak to originial factory settings?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:10 PM

Back up your data first.

Try booting from your Snow Leopard DVD by restarting and holding down the C key. Once booted from the SL DVD, you can use Disk Utilities to erase your Macintosh HD and then reinstall Snow Leopard.

9 replies

Oct 11, 2012 8:27 PM in response to a from arlington

Open Disk Utilities, click on your volume (Macintosh HD); then click the Erase tab and the Erase button in the lower right of your screen. After the erase finishes, you can close Disk Utilities and select the option to reinstall Snow Leopard from the OS X Utilities menu.

My Erase button below is greyed out because I'm booted into my Macintosh HD. Yours won't be when you're booted into your Snow Leopard DVD.

User uploaded file

help restore back to original settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.