Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do with ipod nano 7th gen bluetooth? (devices it supports)

I want to know the limits of the bluetooth connectivity of the new nano. Can you synch wirelessly? Because having just a single lightning cable is problematic. Can you at least playback music through bluetooth to your comp?

I also run with the old nike+ ipod watch remote (which is awesome). Does it support it along with wireless headphones AND the Nike+ foot sensor?

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 12:16 AM

7 replies

Oct 12, 2012 8:51 AM in response to planb77

I don't believe OBEX/FTP profiles will be supported (this is not a phone). Playback through a comp should be possible assuming the comp supports the stereo/A2DP profile. You'll need to report back on the various levels of Nike+ support 😉

The 7G apparently has BT4.0 support, so you should also be able to connect to Bluetooth Low Energy devices such as Heart Rate Monitors etc. e.g.- http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Blue-HR-Heart-Rate-Stra p.asp

Oct 12, 2012 9:20 AM in response to stevev123

I don't believe OBEX/FTP profiles will be supported (this is not a phone). Playback through a comp should be possible assuming the comp supports the stereo/A2DP profile.

That is correct. 😉

The 7G apparently has BT4.0 support, so you should also be able to connect to Bluetooth Low Energy devices such as Heart Rate Monitors etc. e.g.-http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Blue-HR-Heart-Rate-Stra p.asp

Good point!

B-rock

Oct 20, 2012 11:52 AM in response to GJMS

Sooo... Today I tested the new nano. The Nike+ legacy is severely limited. The Nike+ watch remote only works inside the Nike "App" and just only play/ pause and back and forward. Feedback and most importantly the powersong don't work. You have to click on the touchscreen. In addition I saw a rather choppy connection with the remote.

I ended up just buying new headphones and a new Nike+ sensor set for my old nano.

A big disappointment =(

What can I do with ipod nano 7th gen bluetooth? (devices it supports)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.