Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just so fed up wi the iPhone 4S blacking out, why is this happening . There seems to be a lot of people with the same problem?

Just so fed up with my iPhone 4S blacking out, why is is happening? There seems to be a lot of people with the same problem why has Apple not fixed this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 1:32 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2012 5:31 AM in response to Month15

Whatever problem you're having, it's not normal. It is specific to your phone, and waiting for Apple to fix it will not be productive, as it's not something that is happening to everyone. (I'm not sure where you've found a lot of people with the same problem, as this is the first I've heard of it.)

I would start by resetting the phone. Hold down the home and sleep/wake buttons for about 10 seconds, until it turns off, then release the buttons. Next, press and hold the sleep/wake button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try restoring your phone to factory conditions by connecting it to your computer, selecting it in iTunes and using the appropriate button in iTunes. You can then restore data from the last backup.

If that doesn't help, it's probably a hardware issue, and you'll need to get your phone looked at by Apple.

Just so fed up wi the iPhone 4S blacking out, why is this happening . There seems to be a lot of people with the same problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.