Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manually force sync messages after an iTunes restore?

I backed up my iPhone 4 before getting rid of the phone in anticipation of the iPhone 5. (circumstances prevented me from keeping the iPhone 4 until after I got the 5).

In the meantime, used iMessage on an older iPod Touch (upgraded to iOS 6) and my MacBook Air. Phone number went to a flip phone on prepaid.

I just got back from an international trip with my iPhone 5 waiting-- restored from the backup I made of the iPhone 4 on the last day I had it. Everything seemed to restore properly. However, I now have about 2 weeks of iMessages on my iPod/Mac that are not on my iPhone. During those 2 weeks, I had iCloud backup on for the iPod.

Is there a way to sync those to the iPhone 5 to fill the 2 week gap? Also, my visual voicemail did not make it over (perhaps because I did not set it up before restoring from iTunes)-- can I selectively restore this as well?

I have tried enabling/disabling iMessage, signing in and out of my Apple ID.

Thanks for any help!

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 5:19 AM

There are no replies.

How to manually force sync messages after an iTunes restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.