Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a limit on the size of SDHC card that can be read with the iPad camera connectioin kit?

Is there a limit on the size of SDHC card that can be read with the iPad camera connection kit?

Ipad 3-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 5:57 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Nibelung0

I have sen several posts that said a user's 32GB SDHC card worked. Don't remember the brand.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Look at this Apple article. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3553 Says 32GB on computers. Doesn't mention iPads. Plug the card in your computer and do a get info. How is the card formatted - FAT 32?

Message was edited by: Texas Mac Man

Oct 12, 2012 8:18 AM in response to Nibelung0

I've successfully connected 32 gig SDHC and CF cards so if there is an upper limit, it's at least 32 gig.

I know SDXC will not work.

With the cards that don't work, have they been formatted correctly? the camera connection kit will only read cards holding images. (Well, it'll only see the images) And those images have to have a file name of exactly 8 characters (DSC_2342 for example) and they have to be in a folder named DCIM.

Anything else it wont' read.

I put a photo on there called 'Christmas' and the connection kit won't see it. I put a photo on there in the DCIM folder named XMAS2342 it'll see that.

So it's possible that those cards weren't read because they weren't speaking the right language.

Is there a limit on the size of SDHC card that can be read with the iPad camera connectioin kit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.