Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 2011 Connection Issue with Proxy Server after 10.8 Upgrade

Hello,

After upgrading my MBA to 10.8, my MS Outlook (Outlook Mac 2011) mail connection does not work for an exchange based mail account where a VPN/proxy server combination is involved. This was not an issue at all under 10.7. What's interesting is that it's not an issue with MS Outlook 2010 on my Parallels VM either under 10.8. There are no internet connectivity issues, I am able to connect to the internet using Safari and other browsers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Manish

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 6:40 AM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2012 12:31 PM in response to Umarwadia

I was having a similar problem using Outlook 2011 running under Mountain Lion (10.8.2) on an MacBook Pro. When at work, behind our proxy server, I could not get Outlook to connect to a client's public Exchange server, but this worked fine without changing any settings when I was connected to our DMZ network or at home (no proxy server in these cases). My MacBook was configured to use "Auto Proxy Configuration", and Safari worked fine in all three locations (as did Apple mail)

Today, the Microsoft Office auto-updater downloaded an update, and since it was installed, the problem has been fixed and I've been able to connect to our client's external Exchange server event when behind our local proxy server (Outlook now reports that the latest installed update is 14.2.5)

Steve

Outlook 2011 Connection Issue with Proxy Server after 10.8 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.