Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal "Revert To Server" error message

I've been having a consistent issue with iCal syncing properly with MS Exchange. Whenever I make a change to a repeating event in iCal, it is unable to update the event in Outlook, and continuously throws the following error message:

User uploaded file

Even after I click "Ignore" or "Try Again" or "Revert to Server", the error continues to pop right back up. Unfortunately, it has made using iCal impossible because it is constantly begging for attention to the same error over and over. I've looked high and low to find an answer and none have worked yet, so I'm hoping someone out here will have a good idea.

Since iCal is tied into Notification Center, I'd like to use it rather than another program. However, if there is no way around this issue, please recommend another calendar program.

Thanks all!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:10 AM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2012 10:35 AM in response to Wolfcoach

Hello - I am having the same problem and it's driving me nuts. I even switched out Outlook calendar for a while but didn't like it. I tried "resestablishing" my iCal and Exchange settings by deleting the calendar and reentering under System Preferences. It appeared to help for a few days but am now back to the same problem. The IT folks where I work don't have a clue. Did you find a solution to this?

Nov 16, 2012 12:38 PM in response to michelle262

Unfortunately, no - but I've narrowed the issue down. I've had to bite the bullet and buy Outlook for Mac to get things to work properly. My company works on MS Office like a lot of others, and as far as I can tell the issue may stem from a difference in Time Zones.

So I'm on the East Coast, but the MS Exchange server is in the Central Time Zone. The problem - iCal can't/won't push changes to existing appointments to the server. It will push new appointments, and it will accept new appointments, but the moment a change occurs to an event it continuously nags you about the change and will not resolve itself.

If you come across any possible solutions, please share them on this string. I'd love to stay in the Apple family rather than have Outlook constantly open to keep up on business.

Apr 13, 2013 12:28 AM in response to Wolfcoach

This has been fixed in my case with the latest Office Mac 2011 update to Outlook and specifically this item in the notes seems to have resolved it:

"Coordinated Universal Time was not included when you created a calendar event in Outlook for Mac Adds Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+0 without a DST offset) to the list of available time zones when you create a calendar event."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817452

This drove me nuts for months but finally taken care of it seems by the always careless folks at Microsoft.

iCal "Revert To Server" error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.