Skip navigation

Maps: ability to swipe step by step in turn-by-turn mode

1065 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 12:07 PM by jjdDFP RSS
npasqua Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 12, 2012 7:37 AM

I have been using Apple Maps in iOS 6 for the last 3 weeks. Sometimes when I push Route to start the turn-by-turn voice-assisted navigation to my destination, I am presented with what looks almost exactly like the start of the journey, except at the very top it says Step 1 of (#) and below that, the big green tile with instructions inside is actually swipeable! I can flick through and each time it moves to the next step, moving the map and changing the step number. There is literally nothing, as far as I can tell, that I do differently to make this happen. It happens only every once in a while, and it's a guessing game as to which navigating method will happen. I'm writing this post because I would live to know how to control this. For instances in which GPS is unreliable, being able to love between the steps is vital.

Is anyone else experiencing this?!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.