Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall printer drivers

I have a 64Gb MacBook Air and installed the printer drivers for an HP printer. Within a few hours of using the printer, three major faults occurred, so I returned the printer and got my money back. I'm going to buy a Canon printer now but first I want to remove the HP printer drivers and all references to it.

I'm using OS 10.7.5.

None of the information I've picked up through the communities works for me becasue they refer to menu options that don't exist on this machine.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

G.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 9:42 AM

First, go to System Preferences > Print and Scan and delete the printer. Then, open Finder, select Go > Go to Folder in menu bar, type /Library/Preferences/Printers and delete the files there

6 replies

How to uninstall printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.