Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 problems with Plantronics Legend headset

I have bought Plantronics Legend bluetooth headset and trying to use with iPhone 5. Listening podcast, music etc. works fine but phone calls are terrible. Legend disconnects during calls. This happened many times and I am really frustrated now. I upgraded the firmware and I still have the same problem. after I talk about few minutes, it mutes itself. I can not hear the otherside even though they hear me a few more minutes and disconnects the call itself.

I created a support ticket at Plantroinics tech support department. here is what they say;

"We are aware that some iPhone5/iOS 6 users have reported Bluetooth problems with headsets manufactured by various companies. We are currently working with Apple to learn more and better understand and resolve any potential issues."

is this a common iPhone -5 problem? has anyone had better experince with iPhone? and which blootooth headset you are using ?

I really appreciate your advice. I do not care the cost that much I just need a good working bloototh headset for my iPhone that I can make phone calls without any problem. Thanks in advance,

Lewis

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 10:58 AM

14 replies

Oct 14, 2012 3:52 PM in response to skippertr

I have the same exact problem and Plantronics gave me the same response. I really like the Legend and the fact that Plantronics finally came up with a headset with caller ID capabilities, I just wish I could use it with my I phone 5.

I also have the jawbone Era which works great but hurts my ear. Hopefully, that won't be a problem for you. My only other complaint about the Jawbone Era is that it will only announce the incoming phone number and not the callers name as listed in my contact list.

Oct 15, 2012 6:32 PM in response to Fenian1916

Fenian1916,

Other than your personal experence (which is perhaps most creadible, and logical in this case), where are you getting your informatin from that it is a IOS6 problem? Note, I'm not disagreeing with you, just curious where you got this information?

Does anyone know anything about how soon Apple plans to release an update adressing this issue?

Oct 16, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Ralffers

Ralffers,

This is my own experience with same headset and older/newer iPhones in same locations of use. To be honest I first blamed ATT coverage but then I had 3-4 bars and phone worked fine without headset.

My more techie friends said it was likely to be new iOS issue since it affects more than my plantronics headset. they encouraged me to join an Apple forum to see if I could get any insight/answers.

Oct 20, 2012 5:39 AM in response to skippertr

I am having the exact same issuewith iPhone5 and Plantronics Legend. Plantronics website acknowledges the issue below. How annoying such a simple thing. Audio Drops in the middle of a call and quality is horrible

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-legend

Audio issues have been reported for the new iPhone® 5 / iOS6 operating system when used with Bluetooth products. These issues are intermittent and are not experienced by all customers. Updates will be provided as more details become available. Customers with this problem should contact Plantronics at 1-888-Plantronics.

Jan 7, 2013 1:29 PM in response to skippertr

I have a Plantronics VOYAGER LEGEND and have no audio problems using firmware version #44 with the iPhone.

However, I don't have an iPhone...yet 🙂.

What is indeed annoying is that Plantronics does not support MAC!

Only the following:

Hardware: PC (Intel™ x86 or x64) with USB 2.0 port
Software: Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or later
Windows 7 SP1 or later
Windows Vista SP2 or later
Windows XP SP3 or later
Windows Installer 3.1 or later
Browsers: Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
Firefox
Chrome

Good thing I keep a really cheap windows "laptop" (and I use that term loosely) on the side.

Lara

Jan 10, 2013 10:44 AM in response to Tonybluetooth

Got thee iPhone 5 yesterday. All is well with Plantronics VOYAGER LEGEND and no audio problems: firmware version #44. No intermitent disconnects. No distortion. Clear voice (AT&T).

Had a difficult time getting out of bluetooth range; the iPhone 5 has a very far bluetooth range apparently! I walked almost one city block and was still connected. I had to go into the building stairwell which has lots of FiOS equipment which seems to block all signals. Then it disconnected, as expected.

Coming back, it automatically connected again to thee iPhone 5. Pressing the call button makes it happen even sooner.

iPhone 5 problems with Plantronics Legend headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.