Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting files to my ipad music playlist

Hello

How can i put my grageband created music in my music library?

Export to itunes just creates an mp4 file.. But does not put it in my music playlist.

Assume i dont have a desktop and i just want to diectly transfer a piece to my music list.

Is there a way to do this or is this another apple idiosycranc?.

Do i have to go through the process of syncing to my desktop.. Then adding the piece to my music libery and then resyncing just to get the song in my ipad/iphone playlist?

What if i dont have a desktop at all?

Ket me know if u have an idea

Thank you

Cheers

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 2:13 PM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2012 12:45 AM in response to turingtest2

Turingtest.

Apple has claimed ios to be independnt of desktop...that was the whole cloud thing.

A lot of people just buy a tablet as their only computing device.

And if i can creat something on ios.. I should be able to share it with other applicable apps on ios... Like music created in an ios app being shared with a music player on ios.

Lack of this ability to see and share files created on the same device is absolutly absurd.. Even if one buys the argument that ios is not independent of a dektop... Which apple claims is no longer true

Oct 19, 2012 5:22 AM in response to AG007

Lack of this ability to see and share files created on the same device is absolutly absurd.

This is unfortunately a consequence of the application centric design of IOS - each application has its own file types and can only open its own documents or files. If files are to be shared with other applications this will have to be built into in the application as a "Share" feature.

It is a security feature and supposed to make the access to the application specific documents easy.

But it makes it very hard to access documents of similar type created by other applications.

Exporting files to my ipad music playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.