Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you exit edit mode in the photos app?

I selected red eye correction thinking that if I just picked something it would exit. Since there's no red eye to correct, all it does is tell me that. Now how do I get back to my photos?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 5:58 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2012 6:15 PM in response to Demo

Thanks, but there's no cancel button on the screen. There's only a gray bar along the bottom telling me to tap the screen in the area of the red eye correction ( which does not even have a red eye problem) and when I tap the screen it tells me there's no red eye to correct. I'm essentially locked in to that screen, and have tried pressing the escape button and it simply closes the app. When I open the photo app again, it brings me right back to the same screen with no way to exit.

Oct 12, 2012 6:27 PM in response to Sir wtw

User uploaded file

So you are not seeing the Cancel Button in the upper left corner like you see on my screenshot here? I don't see a gray bar at all when I perform the same actions that you are describing.

Quit the photos app completely and relaunch the app and if that doesn't work, reboot the iPad.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the task bar will appear with all of your recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar. Launch the photos app again.

Or ...Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Oct 12, 2012 6:29 PM in response to Sir wtw

Ok, I found the solution. When the solution is not intuitive, using the brute force method sometimes solves the problem. I turned the iPad off completely and did a cold boot and now I can select the photo app and it starts up normally and I'm no longer in edit mode. Thank you for trying to help me with your suggestion.

How do you exit edit mode in the photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.