Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add cross dissolve transitions in iMovie without it changing the beat markers?

Is there a quick way to add cross dissolve transitions (or any transitions for that matter) without completely throwing off the framework of my project and the beat markers? I have already set the beat markers to the music and have put all of my video clips in place, now I want to add transitions but it tells me it will ruin all of my beat markers. Any ways to do this?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:47 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2014 7:25 PM in response to peterdguitar

Most transitions are second based, it all really depends how long you want to make the transition. Now depending on how long you make it, your footage will be affected.

Lets say you want a 1sec transition, when you drop it in it will take .5sec from the previous clip and .5sec from the coming clip to make the transition. If you have audio that is seperate from the clips you will need to adjust them accordingly as well. The answer to your question is that all of the transitions will be using some of your original clips duration to actually make the transition.

😉

How to add cross dissolve transitions in iMovie without it changing the beat markers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.