Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Ultrabeat have its own "midi-Learn" function like the logic midi learn function but within the sampler itself?

This question has probably been answered before but i need some clarification please: I have logic pro 9 and i use an akai mpk mini as my midi controller. i know logic has a Learn function to map midi stuff on my akai controller but im wondering does Ultrabeat have this same "midi learn" function within the sampler? It would just be so much easier to map my drum pads and whatnot out in Ultrabeat rather than having to stop my workflow and open the software editor that came with my midi controller. So again if anyone can help me figure out if you can do midi mapping right in Ultrabeat itself i would really appreciate the advice/ feedback....Thanks.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 10:32 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2012 2:54 AM in response to Jkeeezy

Jkeeezy wrote:

does Ultrabeat have this same "midi learn" function within the sampler? It would just be so much easier to map my drum pads and whatnot out in Ultrabeat rather than having to stop my workflow and open the software editor that came with my midi controller.

Hi

The Ultrabeat voices are mapped to MIDI notes C1 to C3 (the highest can actually play chromatically above C3). These mappings are fixed, so either re-map the pads on your controller, or maybe use the 'Mapped Instrument' object within Logic's Environment to do the re-mapping.

CCT

Does Ultrabeat have its own "midi-Learn" function like the logic midi learn function but within the sampler itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.