Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find a volume setting / application for my Macintosh Classic. Please Help.

Hello, I recently got my first mac computer a Macintosh Classic.

I am trying to figure out how to turn the sound up. When I have head phones on, I can faintly hear sound bits when i start the computer up and turn it off.

There is a "program" under System Folder called "Sound" but when I click on it, it says the file could not be opened (the application is busy or missing)

Any help will be appriciated guys. I want to get this thing working 100%

The About settings say I am running system 6.0.8. I dont see any control panels anywhere.the menu bar has the apple Icon, File, Edit, View, and Special. There are no icons on the screen other than

"Programs" Folder as these subfolders:

System Folder

Utilities Folder

HyperCard

Graphics and Text

Games

There is just the "Sound" Icon in the system folder, but it says its busy or missing.

Grr... Thanks again for helping me figure this out.

Macintosh Classic-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 11:20 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2012 5:13 AM in response to thefader

What appears when you click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner? There should be a "Control Panels" item and the sound control panel under that (or something similar). I'm looking at 7.5 right now, so I can't tell you exactly what 6.0.8 will look like. But you don't click on the stuff directly in the System folder... you get to things like that through the control panels.

I cannot find a volume setting / application for my Macintosh Classic. Please Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.