Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Badge App Icon stuck

Hi everyone,

Hope you could help.

Recently I used my iphone 4 (on iOS6) till the battery fully depleted and it went off.

When I used my mobile phone battery casing to charge it up and power it back on, this "empty" badge app icon is on the Phone app.

I click it, in the call log page, the Badge App Icon is on the "Voicemail" (at lower right corner).

It is empty, no number in the red circle.

When I have a missed call, the circle will show "+1"

I didn't have voicemail set up. To get rid of this empty circle, I purposely activated my voicemail, left a voice message for myself.

With 1 voice message, the circle is still Empty... then i call to check and delete the voice message, the badge is still there.

I try to disable Badge App Icon for the Phone, force Reset iPhone, then turn Badge App Icon back on, tada!! it's back!! >.<

I got this suggestion from another thread by wjosten. Unfortunately it didn't work in my case.

I tried Erasing my iphone and restore everything... it is still there >.<

I tried google for solution, but none were helpful...

Please help... thanks a lot

regards,

Howard

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 11:18 PM

4 replies

Jan 18, 2013 3:45 PM in response to kutucity

You probably have cellular data turned off, which keeps you from seeing any new visual voicemail messages. Try turning your cellular data on for a moment or two and a voicemail notification should pop up. If not, then just open the phone app and the "empty" badge app icon should disappear after checking your voicemail. When finished, you can turn your cellular data off again if you want, just remember this tip if you see the same thing again.

Hope this helps!

shastasboy

Jan 27, 2014 7:17 PM in response to kutucity

The same exact thing happened to me. I fixed the problem and you may be able to as well by doing this:

Turn on cellular data

Go to the phone app and navigate to the voicemail tab

Relisten to all deleted voicemails (all of mine were deleted. I didn't have any that I did not delete)

Go back into cellular data and turn it off

Problem solved.

I hope this will work for you too

Phone Badge App Icon stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.