7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 5:59 AM by Tom Wolsky
MartinMerkel Level 1 (0 points)

Hello everybody yesterday i got Final Cut Pro X from the App Store after downloading i started the program everything was fine. Then i made the Update from the App Store now i have a grey Screen with the Final Cut Logo there is written : Fenestration restore... thats it i can not work with the program. The Apple Web Site tells me to delet in the Libary the Layout Folder i did this 10 Times .. but nothing has changed .. so i payed a new programm and can not work with it ..... please help me

Thanks in advance

Martin

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • MartinMerkel Level 1 (0 points)

here is the APlle Web Site Link .. but this is not working !

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4169?viewlocale=de_DE

THIS IS IT FOR EVERYBODY !

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

1. Wählen Sie im Finder im Menü "Gehe zu" die Option "Programme".
    2. Suchen Sie das Programm Final Cut Pro und ziehen Sie es in den Papierkorb.
    3. Halten Sie im Finder die Wahltaste gedrückt und wählen Sie im Menü "Gehe zu" die Option "Library".
    4. Öffnen Sie im Ordner "Library", der sich nun öffnet, den Ordner "Application Support". Bewegen Sie den Ordner "Final Cut Pro" und den Ordner "Apple Qmaster" in den Papierkorb.
    5. Kehren Sie zum Ordner "Library" zurück und öffnen Sie den Ordner "Caches". Ziehen Sie den Ordner "com.apple.FinalCut" in den Papierkorb.
    6. Kehren Sie zum Ordner "Library" zurück und öffnen Sie den Ordner "Preferences". Bewegen Sie die folgenden Dateien in den Papierkorb:
    7. com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist
      com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile 
      com.apple.FinalCut.plist
      com.apple.FinalCut.plist.lockfile
    8. Hinweis: Die Objekte ".lockfile" sind auf Ihrem System möglicherweise nicht vorhanden.

The Problem is back after an restart of my Mac so what can i do now ?????

• Karsten Schlüter Level 7 (32,197 points)

MartinMerkel wrote:

yesterday i got Final Cut Pro X from the App Store after downloading i started the program everything was fine. Then i made the Update from the App Store

there was no update btw. yesterday (=your day of purchase) and today (=day of update)

so - vielleicht 'mal auf Deutsch, was Du da eigentlich machst … ?

Hallo Karsten.

nachdem ich die Ursprungsversion gekauft habe gab es ein Update für Final Cut Pro im App Store. Nach der installation bzw. des neustartes der Software ging nichts mehr. Habe nun alles komplett gelöscht und erneut installiert nun gehts ( nach 2 Versuchen ) was auch immer es war keine Ahnung aber nun läuft es Gott sei Dank.

• Jakob Peterhänsel Level 3 (660 points)

It's not possible to buy the app twice - unless you use another AppleID, and that would be stupid. It will Not solve anything.

Are you sure there is not a problem with your Events or Project files?

Try to moved them out of the folders, and see if FCPX then can open.

The are in:

~/Movies/Final Cut Events

~/Movies/Final Cut Projects

or in

/Volumes/A HD Disk/Final Cut Events

/Volumes/A HD Disk/Final Cut Projects

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 (115,555 points)

If you log into the store with your Apple ID on a machine that doesn't have FCP installed, it should appear in the pruchased page and be availabel for download. But copying it easier and faster.