Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wired mouse length

After trying a magic mouse, i decided that i would like a wired mouse instead for my 13 inch macbook pro. The USB ports are on the left side of the computer but i am right handed and will be using the mouse on the right side of the computer. Ive used the apple wired mouse before and i realised that the length of the cable was quite short as it is designed to connect to the apple wired keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the length of the cable on the mouse and if you use one for the same reason and is it long enough

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:30 AM

The Apple wired mouse cable is 17". On my MBP I can only use it in front. I'm left handed so it is not a problem for me.

You could either get a short USB extension cable or try an OEM wired/wireless mouse if you want to use it to the right of the MBP. I use Logitech Anywhere wireless mice on my MBP, MBA and iMac as there are much better (IMHO) than the Apple MM.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2012 4:30 AM in response to bensiddall

The Apple wired mouse cable is 17". On my MBP I can only use it in front. I'm left handed so it is not a problem for me.

You could either get a short USB extension cable or try an OEM wired/wireless mouse if you want to use it to the right of the MBP. I use Logitech Anywhere wireless mice on my MBP, MBA and iMac as there are much better (IMHO) than the Apple MM.

Apple wired mouse length

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.