Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone won't play my music.

Since 2 or 3 days I found out that the whole database of music that I have collected over the last 2 years is gone from my iphone. I think it all started when I needed to download a large number of songs from imatch to my iphone.

I have tried to sinc my phone by hand, again over itunes match, but the song of my 25 most played songs will not play anymore on my iphone 4.

I even set back the

There is still some music left on my iphone that will play the music which in one of my playlist just won't play.

It are songs that I have been have been bought over the itunes store. I don't have it jailbreaked, it is original.

The only thing my iphone does is skipping through the song library.

What is going on?

On my ipad everything is working fine!

Hope someone has a solution.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 1:39 AM

Hello everybody,

After a long call with apple support this week (who almost wnted to charge me the 35 euro support fee) they informed me that i should reset my iphone and manually reinstall my complete iphone. They said that I must have done something wrong and that it is now also in my backup... the only way to restore my phone is to take the hard way.

This is not true...!!!

I just installed the update 6.0.1 and the whole problem is solved.

I can play all my songs again. (and work with my email again, bcause this failed also the last weeks.)

A little bit dsappointing that apple support did not know of thsi bug or did not admit they had a problem... that is not customer orientated.

Anyway it works again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2012 1:39 AM in response to j.p.fromhelmond

Hello everybody,

After a long call with apple support this week (who almost wnted to charge me the 35 euro support fee) they informed me that i should reset my iphone and manually reinstall my complete iphone. They said that I must have done something wrong and that it is now also in my backup... the only way to restore my phone is to take the hard way.

This is not true...!!!

I just installed the update 6.0.1 and the whole problem is solved.

I can play all my songs again. (and work with my email again, bcause this failed also the last weeks.)

A little bit dsappointing that apple support did not know of thsi bug or did not admit they had a problem... that is not customer orientated.

Anyway it works again.

Iphone won't play my music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.