Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double pictures on iPhone

Since updating to ios6 the photos on my iphone photo library have doubled although when I sync with iphoto it has them as normal, one of each photo not two.I am unable to delete the duplicate photos using edit on the iPhone. How do I fix this as they are taking up twice the memory they should? HELP PLEASE.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:52 AM

Look in the HDR section of

Settings > Photos & Camera

5 replies

Oct 13, 2012 2:36 PM in response to Mark Laverty

Mark:

If it is an iCloud issue...

Did you recently sign out of iCloud and then sign back in? If so, you should have had the option to delete photostream photos from your phone. If you did not opt in to this option, then when you signed in to iCloud again, it would have downloaded your photostream all over again, creating duplicates. The ones you cannot delete would be the ones in your newly-downloaded photostream.

To fix this you would have to plug your phone into a CPU and delete the duplicate pictures.

If it is an HDR issue...

Check to see if the lighting varies between each "duplicate." If so, then Malcolm's fix is right. HDR takes multiple exposures of every picture. Turning it off will revert back to taking just one exposure of each picture.

All the best!

Double pictures on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.