Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XCode 4.5 simulator not working!!

Hey there,

I have an app that I have someone creating for me. He has Xcode 4.5, so do I.

When he gives me his project it opens fine and everything but it won't start the simulator when I hit Run, it just errors out saying:

No provisioned iOS devices are available with a compatible iOS version. Connect an iOS device with a recent enough version of iOS to run your application or choose an iOS simulator as the destination.

So is the solution to rewrite it ? Will it happen again though? I have tried changing all the settings and choosing a different target destinations to use a different version, but nothing can seem to build again. I have done this four times, building then having to rebuild a couple days later.

Does anyone have any ideas or have experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:34 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2012 7:31 AM in response to Llessur999

It worked! Thanks so much!

It made no sense to me because I couldn't get the project going on my laptop(cause I didn't have that setting, nor have I ever touched that setting), yet it worked on my buddy's xcode and he has never even used xcode(so the setting is defaulted??)

I am minorly confused but gracious I am back at work on it.

Thanks for your help on this Llessur999!!

XCode 4.5 simulator not working!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.