Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge two libraries in iPhoto without Aperture?

I have just upgraded iPhoto (as in iLife 09) to the latest iPhoto v.9.4.1 (as in iLife 11). I run OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) on my MacBook Pro (about a year old). After all the upgrades, I was left with three libraries in my iPhoto folder. One is the current default library. Both the other two call themselves Library 2.

One contains 4.125 photos, the other 3.830 photos, mostly duplicates. The helpline says I can merge both libraries into a master library, but you would need Aperture. This I do not have and do not wish to invest in. I have used Photoshop for years and am more than satisfied and familiar with it's use. Can anyone tell me how to merge the two libraries into one master library without Aperture? I am more than happy with the process of creating new libraries, merging events, etc. which I would then be able to proceed to do!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPhoto

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:15 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Joseph Delaney

Thanks... I actually had thought of doing that... but with thousands of photos it would be a pretty fiddly and time consuming job... so TD's suggestion of iPhoto Library Manager has just finished the job (and does much else besides!). It's great, and I downloaded PowerTunes from the same www.fatcatssoftware.com, and I like the look of it!

How do I merge two libraries in iPhoto without Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.