Skip navigation

HT5260: Aperture 3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

Learn about Aperture 3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

HT5260 How do I merge two libraries in iPhoto without Aperture?

7657 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 8:45 AM by CharmieCarioca RSS
CharmieCarioca Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2012 7:15 AM

I have just upgraded iPhoto (as in iLife 09) to the latest iPhoto v.9.4.1 (as in iLife 11).  I run OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) on my MacBook Pro (about a year old).  After all the upgrades, I was left with three libraries in my iPhoto folder.  One is the current default library. Both the other two call themselves Library 2.

One contains 4.125 photos, the other 3.830 photos, mostly duplicates.  The helpline says I can merge both libraries into a master library, but you would need Aperture.  This I do not have and do not wish to invest in.  I have used Photoshop for years and am more than satisfied and familiar with it's use.  Can anyone tell me how to merge the two libraries into one master library without Aperture?  I am more than happy with the process of creating new libraries, merging events, etc. which I would then be able to proceed to do! 

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPhoto

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.