Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay icon disappeared after upgrading to IOS 6 with Verizon Router.

After upgrading to IOS 6, the Airplay icon was missing and couldn't use my home Pioneer receiver. After talking to tech support, the Airplay devices simply advertise themselves over the network. Traced it to my Verizon FIOS MI424WR router. Airplay started working again when you disable "IPMG Proxy" which is enabled by default. Login to the router, Advanced -> Yes -> IPMG Proxy - Set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable and save. Hopefully this saves someone a headache.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:22 AM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2012 1:08 AM in response to MarkPic

OMG - This was driving me nuts. I even told my son to watch out when you upgrade software, sometimes it makes things that worked before - NOT work anymore, especially Apple software - and I'm an Apple fan...

This fix WORKED for me, thank gawd... Too bad Apple doesn't clue us in to the fact that an upgrade might have issues... we have to go scouring the web to find answers. It took me 4 different search strings in Google to finally arrive here.

Imagine if I weren't a 'techie'. I work as an IT SysAdmin. What if my wife, mother, or Grandpa had this issue?

Apple, wake up.

Dec 10, 2012 6:31 PM in response to MarkPic

I'm seeing this solution all over the place, but unfortunately it isn't working for me. My IGMP settings were already disabled.

I have a MI424WR-GEN2 F model, and I also can't get the airplay icon to appear on any of my devices, Mac OS or iOS, wired or wireless. I can, however, get iTunes sharing to work just fine.

On this router, I can't set the wireless to be G only, because it's also an N router as well. There's no option.

All the macs are at least running 10.7.5 and all the ios devices are version 6.

Airplay icon disappeared after upgrading to IOS 6 with Verizon Router.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.