Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes from iPad and iPhone are not being synced to my Mac with iCloud

I have been really hesitant to even use iCloud, but i just started to try to use it yesterday - and my Notes from my iPad and iPhone are not being synced together, and both Notes from my iPhone and iPad are not even being seen to my Mac.

What am i doing wrong with this?

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:53 AM

10 replies

Oct 13, 2012 9:10 AM in response to tool

Are you using Mountain Lion on the mac? If so, there's a Notes program you have to invoke to view notes.

I'm assuming all your devices and mac are connected to the same icloud account and you have Notes turned on in Settings>icloud and System Preferences>icloud. Do you sync any other kind of data between everythings, like contacts? If that works, then you've got the right icloud account set up - it all comes down to whether you have Notes turned on for icloud.

Oct 13, 2012 11:24 AM in response to tool

Welcome to the Apple Community.

First check that all your settings are correct, that notes syncing (mail and notes on a computer) is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the notes you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by checking in accounts on an iOS device, or the left side panel in mail on a computer), non iCloud notes will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your notes are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking notes syncing (mail and notes on a computer) in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling notes syncing.

Oct 13, 2012 11:43 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Make sure the notes you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by checking in accounts on an iOS device, or the left side panel in mail on a computer), non iCloud notes will not sync.

So if i am just trying iCloud for the first time, and all of my Notes are already in place on my iPhone or iPad, then how am i to get those pre-existing notes added into the iCloud account thing? I have the iCloud e-mail address - that e-mail address is set up on both of my iDevices as well as my Mac.

So how do i get these pre-existing notes from my iDevices into the iCloud account?

Oct 13, 2012 12:05 PM in response to Winston Churchill

i think i found a work-around. I really don't recall seeing the Merge option when i first put Notes syncing on with iCloud. But what i did was go into the "On my iPad" or "On my iPhone" accounts on both devices, selected everything, copied it, and pasted it into the iCloud account on both devices, and now all show up on my computer as well. Thank you all for the assistance.

Notes from iPad and iPhone are not being synced to my Mac with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.