Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Mini is running slow. It's 2 years old.

My Mac Mini is running slow. It's 2 years old. Is there any maintenance steps I should be doing to help speed it up? I can't get trash can to empty. I'm getting this error message: "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003)." Could this be the problem?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 8:40 AM

Your going to need to backup your personal data using hte emergency quick copy method to a external storage drive and disconnect (in addition to TimeMachine as that could be corrupted too)

Most commonly used backup methods

Next run through these Steps to narrow down your problem

Step by Step to fix your Mac

You might have to Zero Erase the entire drive from the 10.6 disk and reinstall 10.6 fresh

How to erase and install Snow Leopard 10.6

However if you solved he software problem without a fresh install you may want to defrag

How to properly defrag a Mac's hard drive

Or also read how other factors can affect the performance of your Mac

Why is my computer slow?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2012 8:40 AM in response to stedelbauer

Your going to need to backup your personal data using hte emergency quick copy method to a external storage drive and disconnect (in addition to TimeMachine as that could be corrupted too)

Most commonly used backup methods

Next run through these Steps to narrow down your problem

Step by Step to fix your Mac

You might have to Zero Erase the entire drive from the 10.6 disk and reinstall 10.6 fresh

How to erase and install Snow Leopard 10.6

However if you solved he software problem without a fresh install you may want to defrag

How to properly defrag a Mac's hard drive

Or also read how other factors can affect the performance of your Mac

Why is my computer slow?

My Mac Mini is running slow. It's 2 years old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.