Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

open directory - network user log in

HI

I am having not much success in getting open directory to work.

I use a mac mini with moutain lion and Mac os server.

I enabled th open directory server and added a few network accounts.

On a macbook with also moutain lion I did "bind" this open directory server in the login Options .

It seem's to have worked as the there is a green LED next to the server name once I did bind it in the user account settings in the macbook.

so far so good, I also made sure that there is a tick to allow network users to log into this machine.

(If I browse into the directory I can see the newly created network accounts, so I know the macbook does get the network account info ).

So all looks fine, except I cannot log in with network user accounst!

I do not understand.

I can log into the macbook with all existing local accounts but not with any network account, even though open directory seems to be bound ok and the option to allow network user to log in is also ticked.

Is there any special format for the network user to log in? e.g. username@server.local or do I just use the username as it is set up in the server, ...

What could I miss here?

I am getting nowhere.

(if I log into the macbook with a local account, then I used the networks accounts succesfully to log onto the server, but I can not log into the macbook with the network accounts, .. its driving me crazy )

any advice is welcome.

thank you

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 9:33 AM

4 replies

open directory - network user log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.